- Or 22 + 1 facts you should know about your favourite game –
1. The number one reason for playing bingo is not winning money but rather enjoyment and having fun. Winning money comes only the fifth place.
2. Bingo was known as Housie in Australia when it became popular on the island at the beginning of the 20th century because they called out ‘house’ when they got a winning line.
3. Nearly 70 percent of bingo players have won at some point while playing.
4. People played first bingo just to raise money for charity in a church in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
5. The bingo we are playing today and consider to be the original one was played at first in Florence, Italy in 1530. The very same game is still played in Italy three times a week.
6. More women play bingo than men and 15 percent of them took it up just to socialize and have company.
7. The first online casino was opened at the beginning of the 1990s and online bingo was the most popular game.
8. Bingo is played in approximately 90 percent of the countries in the whole world.
9. Screeno was a kind of bingo played in cinemas during the depression.
10. Cats are the number one pet of bingo players.
11. According to a survey of bingo suppliers, purple is reportedly the favourite colour of bingo players.
12. German children were taught multiplication by an educational tool called Lotto game similar to bingo in the 1800s.
13. Playing online bingo enhances the players’ mental speed, observation sills and memory.
14. Women are likely to stay online 50 percent longer than their male counterparts.
15. The number of possible bingo cards is 552,446,474,061,129,000,000,000.
16. Bingo reached North America only in 1929 and its name was Beano.
17. UK is the fastest growing location for online bingo playing.
18. It is estimated that 88 million dollars per week were spent on Bingo in 1995.
19. The largest (regarding the number of participants) bingo game in history was played in New York with 60 thousand players and other 10 thousand persons were turned away at the door.
20. Approximately 50,000 people played bingo online in the UK in 2008.
21. Depending on the circumstances and the number of players, the average online bingo game lasts between three and six minutes.
22. Many people consider bingo as a game for elder people but since the appearance of mobile casinos and smarthphones, 30 percent of players are under the age of 30.
+1 1.1 billion pounds are staked annually in bingo games in the UK.
These are the facts that we found the most interesting and chose to reveal them to you too. Which fact do you think is the most astonishing one?