Numbers and interesting data on a topic are always eye catching and make readers think. Some items are rather staggering others are not so much but the number of the available information on poker suggests that it is one of the most frequently played game in online casinos.
10. As it is known, poker was played at first at the beginning of the 19th century. Nearly two centuries later, in 1998, its online version appeared on screen when Planet Poker opened its virtual gates. It was followed by Paradise Poker in 1999.
9. It is a proven fact that most of poker money is won by putting the opponents in a position to make big mistakes and no player should think that he is the reincarnation of Einstein for doing so.
8. According to a survey covering the whole world, most players have tried more sites before they could find their favourite one. Only 13% have only ever played on one site opposed to the 44% who have tried at least four sites.
7. 40 million people play poker regularly and that makes 6.8% of the adult population. However, for real money only 2.6% of the adult population is involved and in the UK 3,2% of all adults play this card game.
6. The youngest player ever to win the WSOP was a twenty-four-year-old man, the American Phil Hellmuth in 1989. Since then he has captured a record number, namely 13 WSOP bracelets. He is the fanatic who had his head shaved after he had predicted a WSOP outcome wrongly. How about the oldest one? Paul McKinney won a bracelet at the age of 80 in 2005.
5. And now let’s see a really big number, but it is not a sum of money: there are 2,598,960 possible poker hands with 52 cards and the odds of a Royal Flush are 649,740 to 1.
4. Approximately 70 million decks of cards are sold in America each year.
3. If you want to be a really successful poker player, it is indispensable to get a poker game software. Since it provides the best simulation of the game, it is the most effective way to train for a tournament or just for the evening session. The software runs reports, shows statistics, displays information about the game by analysing the hand histories of the opponents.
2. When it is ‘rush hour’ for poker, over a million people play poker at various card-rooms all over the world.
1. Many players are hesitant to join online poker since they are convinced that their cards can be seen by others through hacking. Each online poker site must have very high security, otherwise they are not provided with licence to offer the game.